A One-Litre Plastic Bottle May Contain Around 2,40,000 Plastic Pieces

Notably, 90 percent of these particles were identified as nanoplastics, while the remaining 10 percent were classified as microplastics, according to a study

By Outlook Planet Desk 11/01/2024

Microplastics A Macro Threat To People And The Planet

As plastic production continues to rise, the ubiquity of micro(nano)plastics in the environment raises concerns about their impact on both ecosystems and human health

By Bhagyashree Jain 29/12/2023

Earth Is Outside Its Safe Operating Space For Humanity: Study

Water went from barely safe to the out-of-bounds category because of worsening river run-off and better measurements and understanding of the problem, Rockstrom said

By PTI 14/09/2023

Redefining Sustainable Manufacturing Practices

World Environment Day 2023: The disposal and recyclability of plastic are of utmost importance today which requires a supportive environment from stakeholders across levels

By Ashok Jaipuria 05/06/2023

100 MMT Of Single-Use Plastic Need To Be Dealt With Annually By 2040: UNEP 

Plastic pollution could reduce by 80 per cent by 2040 if countries and companies make deep policy and market shifts using existing technologies, according to a new report by UNEP

By Outlook Planet Desk 18/05/2023

The Oceans Contain 170 Trillion Pieces Of Plastic: Study 

Microplastics are particularly detrimental to the oceans. They take a long time to degrade into innocuous compounds, and marine life mistakenly views plastic as food 

By Outlook Planet Desk 03/04/2023

Pro-Planet Packaging Picks Up

With the growing focus on circular economy, the market space for biodegradable, recyclable and reusable material is set to increase

By Naina Gautam 29/03/2023

Research Shows How Plastics Threaten Marine Biodiversity

The new study builds on previous research by Queen's University that showed hermit crabs were less likely to touch or enter high-quality shells when exposed to microplastics.

By Outlook Planet Desk 13/10/2021

High Concentration Of Plastics And Microplastics In Ganga: Study

A new study finds that the River Ganga is heavily polluted with microplastics.

By Outlook Planet Desk 06/08/2021